Tuesday, December 06, 2011

It's raining outside...I'm sick inside

Man, I've seen lots of rain in my life...some of the nastiest, heaviest deludges all the way to light powder-puffs of mist. But the rain that's falling in Perth right now is another animal. Big, old droplets and lots of them. It started thundering around 4 am this morning and it's been pretty much raining ever since. Perth airport was shut down with flights waiting on the tarmac unable to go to the gates because of planes already at the gates unable to leave. It's been impressive, no doubt.

In the meantime, I've gotten sick and stayed inside all day. No fun. Nothing to report. We're having some people over later tonight and I'll try to join in but don't know if I can hack it with everyone the entire evening. Hate it.

No comments: